Please consult a medical professional before starting any alternative treatments. This is considered a preventative/proactive measure as well as a treatment method.
If you are particularly sensitive or resistant to the medications available for the treatment of yeast infections, this may help.
- Buy some natural yogurt, unsweetened with active cultures. You can find this at most any grocery store.
- Pick up a children's dose medicine syringe from a pharmacy. Make sure it is the larger sized, for bigger doses. They do not come with needles.
- At home, put some of the yogurt into a cup and refrigerate the rest.
- Fill the syringe with 1-2Tbsp of yogurt.
- In the bathroom, position yourself as if you were to insert a tampon.
- Insert the syringe slowly into the vagina as far as is comfortable.
- Dispense all the yogurt inside the vagina.
- Be sure to wash out the syringe with soap and water and allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Apply twice a day, especially before bedtime.
- WASH HANDS THOROUGHLY both before and after this procedure.
- If the infection is particularly bothersome, use more yogurt as it will both cool the burning and apply more of the active cultures to the infection.
- If the treatment seems messy, feel free to use pantyliners or pads during duration.
- EAT yogurt with active cultures twice a day during this treatment. It will help re-introduce the good bacteria your body needs by internal and external measures.
- * This is also a good, FAST way to re-balance your pH during times of stress.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Treat a Yeast Infection Naturally. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.